Regional Business Analyst – East Africa Dairy Development
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
General Information: TechnoServe is an international non-profit economic development organization founded in 1968 out of a conviction that a vibrant private sector is an essential foundation for economic growth and poverty reduction.
TechnoServe undertakes targeted, catalytic technical assistance and other programming to increase the competitiveness of entrepreneurs, businesses and industries that in-turn provide sustainable employment, inclusion of the poor and increased incomes.
TechnoServe operates in 25 developing countries with over 1,000 employees.
Primary Purpose: Building on the success and learning from East Africa Dairy Development ( EADD) Phase I, EADD II is an ambitious five-year program designed to help 136,000 smallholder farm families to achieve sustainably improved livelihoods – in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania by 2018.
The vision of success for EADD is to transform the lives of resource-poor farming families with improved market access to a wealth-creating, robust dairy value chain that benefits all industry stakeholders.
Position Description: Working closely with the TechnoServe Regional Program Manager, the Regional Business Analyst will be responsible for research and analysis of the East Africa dairy market/industry, Monitoring and Evaluation of Dairy Farmer Business Associations (DFBAs) performance, feedback and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Data collection, analysis and reporting
- Lead research, preparation and communication of regular reports on the state, trends, and implications of the East Africa dairy market.
- Develop/maintain and update templates, databases, systems and processes for all data collection, analysis and reporting relating to DFBAs.
- Lead data collection, analysis, information management and sharing of market data for DFBAs with internal and external stakeholders.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Develop and refine project M&E and performance management frameworks
- Develop tools for monitoring and evaluating the capacity, management and operational systems and business performance of DFBAs.
- Develop and implement an appropriate methodology for evaluating TechnoServe progress towards project outcomes and goals
- Ensure timely analysis and reporting of data to identify and communicate lessons-learned, and regular periodic presentation of data and analyses to project management in line with project decision-making and course correction processes.
- Help identify best practices, challenges and the cause of potential bottlenecks in implementation and advice project team.
- Develop and implement procedures for tracking the effectiveness of business advisory and other project advisory services.
- Ensure the use of appropriate information management systems enabling the transparent flow of business information within the project team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics or international development or related studies required. Master’s degree an added advantage.
- At least five years’ experience in business analysis, M&E methods and approaches.
- Excellent presentation, written communication skills and excellent analysis and report writing skills.
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations.
- Ability to work within a multicultural environment.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required.
- Experience in dairy industry an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally when necessary.
Please submit your application (by email only) to email@example.com with the position title placed in the subject line.
(1) cover letter describing your interest,
(2) curriculum vitae,
(3) salary history, and
(4) telephone contacts of three professional referees.
Please include all requirements in one document (pdf).
Applications will be treated confidentially.
Deadline for applications is 6th December 2013.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.